Sunday, September 8, 2013

moments.

Photo credit: Jesse Draper Photography
 Yesterday, I got a sweet surprise in the mail. My photographer mailed me our wedding photography. (As you can see in the last post.) All the pictures are fabulous but some stand out as being more special than others. Either the picture is funny or the girls have their "true smiles" or we're with people that we love, whatever the case, some of the moments our photographer captured are really wonderful and moments we'll cherish for a lifetime.
 
One sweet moment captured was this moment pictured above of my sweet dad and I holding hands at the reception. Most daughters and their dad's have a very sweet bond. You know, like super dad and his sweet little princess. Well, we haven't had that type of relationship. My dad wasn't always super and I definitely wasn't a princess. Our relationship hasn't been built on fairy tales or super powers...more so it's been built over a lifetime of trials and seasoned with true and honest "I'm sorry's" and forgiveness...and I'm really grateful for that. I'm grateful that our relationship is real and that the lessons I've learned from my dad's example and that he has taught me deliberately have helped me become a strong woman who works hard and says sorry and forgives others. I love my dad so much. Our relationship may not be "typical" but it's ours and I am grateful to have him to call mine.
 
Happy birthday Dad.
I love you,
Goob
 
 
 

No comments: