Tuesday, October 29, 2013

it can only go down from here.

 


Welcome to the slylittlefox> first ever fashion entry. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you very much. I fear it can only go down from here because I started on such a high note.
 
In all seriousness...I have some mentally dangerous body image issues that I need to get over ASAP so here's me challenging myself and getting over my body and just accepting who I am. So forgive me if I take "photo shoots" and the fashion blogging a bit lightly.
 
Honestly though, I have come a long way. I've lost 11 lbs. since June from healthy eating and exercise. My once painfully injured back no longer hurts and I can touch my toes and lift my girls.
 
But here's also some more honestly, I feel like even without my body issues this look is doing nothing for me...but I'm actually okay with that for today. I'm almost 27, I'm almost 5'3" tall, I now weigh 134 lbs. (which I carry mostly in my buttocks and thighs), for the moment my hair has about an inch and a half of blonde regrowth, these jeans, although super comfy, are ill fitting, and I have no bra on. HA! Eat that fashion bloggers.
 
And again, here's some more honestly, I find myself looking at these other women, mostly bloggers, and I thinking...
 
"Good grief there are SO many of you and you're all like a size 0-1 and you have kids too and you have burgers and fries posted on your instagram EVERYDAY and you look are flawless. Why don't I look like you? I don't eat burgers and fries, I exercise, I have two kids...what am I doing wrong?"
 
 Well the answer is I'm doing nothing wrong. I'm just me and they're them.
 
My sweet husband who is very kind and supportive and (who honestly and truly sees no flaw ever in me other than that I hate doing dishes) and I were talking about my body one night (well we weren't "talking", I was griping and he was kindly listening). I was venting about how I don't look like "other girls", bla, bla, bla. (I'm sure I was really annoying) Anywho, he then went to comfort me by saying...
"Lauren, it's because you're genetics are built different, your heritage is made of Irish mountain climbers. You're compact and sturdy." The moment those words were said I had these images come to mind...
 
 
Ya, enough said...
 
I laughed so hard (and possibly punched him in the arm, lovingly) cause I knew he meant well and I'm sure something like this (below) came in his mind. But I couldn't get "Helga" outta my head.

 
Anywho, he really is right. I mean, I don't know if I'm "me" because I'm Irish or whatever cause I'm also German, Swedish, and Cherokee. But what he means is that I'm just different. I may not be 5'8' and have the metabolism of a road runner but I really am compact and sturdy and a hard and able worker. I don't tire easily and I'm strong and tough. I may never be whatever image I have in my mind but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. To him what I am is amazing...now I just have to convince myself of that.
 
p.s.- whether this sweater is cute or not, it is amazingly soft and comfy and I highly recommend buying it...oh, and it has a wolf on it. Yes, please.

2 comments:

Lyon's said...

Omy goodness, you are freaking hilarious and an extremly lovely person! I found you so intimidating when I first met you! I hope we can be friends :)

Kristin said...

I found your blog through your instagram and I loved this post. When I first met you I admired you. You're beautiful, spiritual (I met you at church), and you have the cutest southern accent. And you were Blake's teacher and I saw how good you were with the kids and Blake was smitten with you. Like the commenter above I was a little intimidated by you and afraid I wouldn't measure up. Then I got to know you better and realized how likeable and down to earth you are and you make people around you feel comfortable. Don't ever doubt how wonderful you are!