Monday, January 6, 2014

2014.

 
 


 
 




 
It's been a while since I've blogged but things are going great. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. We played in the snow, ate too much, stayed relatively healthy, and snuggled up to some cute movies. Can't really compete with that right?
 
The close of 2013 was bitter-sweet. New years are always a little different for me because not only are they another year gone by but I have a birthday to remind me that I'm another year older to top it off. So it's a double whammy of reminders to keep going strong. Last year my goals were to love/enjoy every moment with my girls and husband and become physically fit and healthy again. I am proud to say I did both of those to the best of my ability. I loved every minute I had with my family and I kicked trash physically (I lost 11 lbs and many inches, I can also touch the floor in a forward bend...that is HUGE!!!). The result was that I had the best year of my life. I feel good physically and mentally. I'm happy; happier than I have ever been.
 
This year I want to make the same goals again. Be with and make the best of the moments I'm with my family and maintain my fitness/healthy eating plan. On top of those, I want to go for a mental goal. I've blogged before about how I have some pretty negative body image issues I need to get over and so that's going to be my next goal to a happier healthier Lauren. Love my body. I've been doing a lot of yoga lately and normally I would dress "modestly" to try and cover up more; but lately I've been doing my exercises in my yoga pants and a sports bra. Now I understand that wearing less is not for everyone but for me it's really helped me accept my body as it is. When I stretch and bend I can see my curves and my muscles working and bending. I see what some call flaws and I am starting to love those parts of me. I'm seeing past they lies and seeing the truth; which truth is that I am strong and I am healthy (even if my thighs touch and I have tummy rolls). 
 
So that's that. Hopefully your holidays were wonderful as well. Cheers to 2014 being awesome!

No comments: