Monday, March 16, 2015

hey little baby 2.


Hey little baby,
It's me, your mom, again. I am just writing you another little letter about your family.
This time I want you to meet your dad.
I cannot tell you with words how much I love, respect, and just really enjoy this man. I have not had the fortune of being acquainted with many outstanding men, but I have had the pleasure of knowing at least one, your dad. Christopher Bennion Garff.
You're dad was born on August 1st, 1980. When you are born he will be 35 years and 2 months old. He is the youngest of five children in his family. He has one sister and three brothers. Your Grandpa's name is Paul and his wife, the grandma you will know, is Vicky. Your dad's mom's name is Peggy. She passed away in 2006, before your dad and I met. Your dad talks about her a lot because he loves her a lot and he misses her.
Your dad doesn't have a favorite color because he doesn't care. He likes all foods and doesn't mind doing the cooking. He also isn't scared of trying new foods or cooking new recipes or just "whipping something up" without a recipe. He doesn't really like asian salad anymore (I think it may be because I had it with dinner too much, haha) and he doesn't like to get carried away with onions and he hates walnuts.
Your dad's favorite thing to do is slalom ski and he is very good at it. He also loves playing basketball and softball and watching or listening to Jazz games. He makes time for all of those favorite things but he also enjoys doing yard work, mowing, riding bikes, and hiking...but most of all being with his family. I think he also likes swimming and although I have never seen him swim, other than with the family, I believe he is rather good at lap swimming...which brings me to my next topic...
Your dad is good at everything. If he doesn't know how to do something he will learn and he works hard and he is a perfectionist. This is why he is good at everything. Seriously, he is good at everything. I am not saying it to brag on him because sometimes it drives me crazy but I love him for it at the same time.
Your dad is also very honest, trustworthy, loyal, strong-willed, deeply loving, respectful, dedicated, forgiving, and non-judgmental. He is what every man should be and I am lucky to be his wife and friend, the girls are lucky to be his step-daughters, and you are lucky to be his child. If you can grow to be half the human he is you will grow to be great.
Now that I put your dad on a pedestal let's bring it down a notch or at least back to a human level. Your dad is also goofy, funny as hell, annoying, and he has the worst farts known to man. Hahaha. He sings, whistles, and claps all the time. He makes dumb puns and dresses is "weird" clothes. Your dad doesn't care what other people think, he's just himself and he's always been himself and he will always be himself. Seriously your dad is the best human I know. All these things were supposed to bring him down a notch but really they just make him even better. You are going to love him so much and he is thrilled as punch to have you as his child.
Love,
Mom

No comments: