Friday, September 18, 2015

another "plot twist".

In my previous post "plot twist" I talked a bit about my SPD and how that was effecting my life now and going to effect my labor and delivery (remember, a no drug labor and delivery. OUCH!).

Well after much research, talks with my doctor, talks with my husband, and talks with close friends I have now decided to go forward with an alternate delivery by cesarean section. I've been VERY hesitant to go that route since I first found out I had SPD. I wasn't so much scared of the procedure as I just didn't want to heal two places in my body, a pelvis and a cesarean incision. But like always, life doesn't always go as you plan. Hell, life may never go "as planned". Haha. But, I'm really okay with that.

After all the research and thought I just realized that as well meaning and practiced as I may be, when I go into the delivery room there is really no telling what type of experience I could have. I could practice every night, my breathing and positioning to help with my labor pain and to keep my pelvis aligned but in an emergency all thoughts of my pelvis are going to go right out the window and a delivery with an "out of sorts" pelvis can lead to chronic pelvic dysfunction and severe, life long, disabling pain. That is just not a chance I am willing to take just so little baby can come out one end instead of another. There are just some risks that are not worth taking and possibly being disabled for the rest of my life is NOT a risk worth taking.

So I am happy to announce that Conrad Archibald Garff will be delivered on September 29th. I am so excited to meet him and snuggle him. I have a feeling he's going to look just like his Daddy with a cute tiny chin and a little frog butt. Haha. Oh, I am soooooo excited! Did I mention I am excited? 

[Skweeeeeee!] 

In other news, the nursery has carpet and windows and furniture. I haven't blogged a reveal quite yet because I am still getting all the little details finished up, but it looks SO GOOD! The bearded man and I love to go down there and sit because it is so comfy and quiet and happy. The cats love it too...which as of now isn't a problem, but if Fluffy thinks for one second he is going to go down there and wake Archie up at 3 am with his "poor kityy cries" when he thinks he is going to die of hunger, he has another thing coming. Haha. (Now that I think about it, they may both be up at 3 am crying from hunger. Haha.)

Anyways, cheers to a change in plans, nurseries being done, and cat vs. baby crying battles. 





No comments: