Monday, October 19, 2015

Conrad Archibald

Conrad Archibald Garff. 7 lbs 11 oz. 20 inches. Born September 29th 2015 at 10:20am.


Archie,
We are so glad you are finally here. Tomorrow you will be three weeks old. These past three weeks have been very tiring, wonderful, sore, sweet, slow-going, happy, healing, and all around totally awesome. You have light brown hair and one dimple in your left cheek. We're not sure yet what color your eyes will end up but my guess is brown. I guess we'll find out soon enough. You are a very calm, good-natured little person. You love to be snuggled and warm and you do not like diaper changes, although even during a diaper change you don't really cry you just fuss about it. You are "okay" with sleeping in your crib but your favorite place to snooze is between me and Daddy in our bed; which by the way, Daddy sleeps great this way, Mom, not so much. (I'm just so worried I might squish you.) At your one week check up you had surpassed your birth weight, which apparently you're only required to be back at your birth weight by two weeks...which leads me to my next topic. You LOVE to eat. You eat all the time. ALL. THE. TIME. Haha. I guess that's why you're doing so good at check-ups. (You're welcome.) We started out a little rough with the whole nursing thing but after a couple visits to a lactation consultant we got the whole "eating all the time without making Mom want to die" thing down. Now we're both happy and comfortable. You are still wearing newborn size clothing but I don't think you'll be fitting into them much longer because you're filling them out quite well these days.

Myself, Daddy, Sadie, and Hannah are absolutely in love with you. Every time Daddy looks at you it's in awe because he just loves you so much (me too!). Sadie and Hannah both love sitting with you and get so excited when you're awake, which is just now starting to be more often. Sometimes in the car they even fight about which way your head lays while you're asleep...toward Hannah? or toward Sadie? (Haha, I never saw that being a cause for argument.) Daddy helps me out a lot with you. Some nights you get gassy and Daddy is right there volunteering to stay up with you for a bit so I can rest, even though he has work in the morning. Daddy also changes many of your diapers even though your mildly smelly poo makes him gag, haha. 

I am thrilled to get to know your more in the weeks, months, and years to come and am so happy that you are a part of our family. 

Love,
Mom

No comments: